Creating an account
Welcome to Civil! We're so excited for you to start commenting with us.
To get started right away, here's how to sign up for an account:
- Go to an article on any publication using Civil Comments, and scroll to the bottom of the article, where the comments section lives.
- There, you should see your comment box, with the option to "log in" in the upper right hand corner, like so:
- Click that "log in" button, circled in orange, even though you may not yet have an account to log in with--that's where you'll create one!
- You'll then be shown a pop-up window that looks something like this:
- Click "Sign Up!"
- You'll be taken to a very similar window, but instead of having the option to log in, you'll be able to sign up for a new account--either with Facebook, Twitter, or email. Here's what that final window will look like:
Simply follow the the buttons on the left to link your new Civil account with a Facebook or Twitter, or fill in the information in the field on the right to create an account with an email address of your choice.
If you're using the email option, remember that the "Password" field above is for a Civil Comments account password of your choice, it doesn't have to be the password for your email account.
- And you're good to go! We're so excited for your contributions. :)